Moving in with your partner is a big step in a relationship, so it is important to understand what
struggles you may face and to make sure moving in together is what you really want.
● Before living with your partner you are going to make sure their lifestyle coincides
with yours. If you are very clean and they are not, that may be a problem. They may
want to relax before doing the dishes or folding the laundry, but you want to clean and be
able to enjoy the rest of the night without the chores lingering on your mind. This can, unfortunately, cause arguments and create some unwanted tension in the relationship.
● Alone time. Before living together you would go on dates and then go home to be by
yourself. When living with someone, they are always where you are. While this can be a
great thing, it is hard to adjust to. This can be solved by creating boundaries and having
personal interests outside of your partner. If you’re the type of couple that loves spending
all day together then this can be counted as a reward!
The challenges of living together can be overcome, and living with someone you love has far
● Being able to spend quality time together will cause the relationship to grow. You
will start to learn the little things about your partner and vice versa. They will learn how
to tell what you are thinking just by your facial expressions. This can definitely get
annoying if you’re trying to hide how you’re feeling, but it also makes you feel seen and
● Financial benefits. Commuting to see each other can be expensive, but if you live
together this bill is completely removed.
● You have someone to watch movies with you all the time. No more binge-watching
● If you’re a person who loves to cuddle, you’ll never have to sleep alone again.
● You will also always have someone to talk to. Whether you have a good day or a bad
day your partner will always be there. This will improve the relationship as well as your
● Meals become a lot easier. Instead of always having to cook and clean for yourself the
duties are split in half.
Whenever you change your living situation, especially if it’s with a new person, it will be
challenging. As long as you and your partner are willing to work through the challenges the
experience will be great. If the challenges are too much to face then living with your partner will
prove that they are not the one, and at least it was a learning experience. Living with your partner
is usually one of the most rewarding experiences and lets you create an unbreakable bond.
If you feel ready to move in with your person then you should go for it because you never know how
much it can grow your relationship